This pancit is topped with a generous serving of chicharon laman. Serve lots of calamansi on the side! It’s called pancit puti or white noodles because no soy sauce is added in cooking the noodles.
Pancit Puti with Chicharon Laman Recipe
Pancit Puti with Chicharon Laman Ingredients
- 1 Pack rice noodles soaked in water until softened, then drained
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 2 cups boiled chicken breast sliced
- 1 Cup Pork belly boiled, cubed
- 1 Pack woodear mushrooms (tengang daga) soaked in water until softened then cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- pork crackling (chicharon) chopped
- spring onions Chopped, for garnish
- garlic chips toasted, for garnish
- Boil the drained noodles in chicken stock. When the noodles start to float, strain them out and set aside the stock.
- In a pan, heat oil then sauté garlic and onions. Add chicken then the pork. Stir-fry for a few minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until heated through. Set aside for topping.
- In the same pan, heat 1 cup chicken stock then add noodles. Season with salt and pepper. Add more stock to completely cook the noodles.
- Transfer noodles to a platter then top with sautéed mixture. Garnish with chicharon, spring onions, and garlic chips.