Use real pandan leaves to pack flavor into this classic puto recipe. Don’t forget the cheese slices on top!
Pandan Puto Recipe
Pandan Puto Ingredients
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Small eggs
- 1 tablespoon Butter melted
- 3/4 Cup pandan water
- 2 to 3 drops food coloring green
- 7 to 10 pandan leaves
- Make the pandan water: Boil 1 cup water and 7-10 pandan leaves for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add the pandan water and beat until smooth. Add butter and food coloring. mix until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into puto molds lightly greased with cooking oil. Steam for about 7to 8 minutes, then add sliced cheese. Steam for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from molds and serve.