Take advantage of the panna cotta’s versatility. Make this recipe the base for a more delicious dessert by topping it with fresh fruits, or mixing in a shot of espresso.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 1/4 cups cream
- 1 piece vanilla bean pod slit
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- Soften gelatin in milk for a few minutes.
- Using a paring knife, scrape off the vanilla beans from the split vanilla pod.
- Place the cream, vanilla bean, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer then add gelatin mixture. Turn off heat. Allow to cool a little.
- Put in molds. Chill for 4 hours or overnight. Vanilla tip: Don t throw the used vanilla pod just yet. Instead, let it sit inside a jar of sugar. This makes for a bolder flavored sugar and adds an interesting vanilla taste to your coffee and chocolate drink.