Here’s a neat idea for your next panna cotta: replace regular milk with earthy milk tea! It’s an easy way to incorporate flavor into your dessert.
Milk Tea Panna Cotta Recipe
Milk Tea Panna Cotta Ingredients
- 2 1/4 teaspoons powdered unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water cold
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 teabags English Breakfast tea
- Mix together unflavored powdered gelatin and cold water in a small bowl; bloom for 5 minutes.
- Heat whipping cream, fresh milk, and tea in a saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form around the sides of the pot and steam rises. Remove from heat and steep for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove teabags from cream mixture, then whisk in gelatin until completely dissolved. Evenly pour milk tea mixture into 4 (2-ounce) molds or ramekins, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 4 hours up to overnight. Dip ramekins in warm water to help release panna cotta from ramekins.