Tired of your same old pancit recipe? Why not make it saucy? Adjust the saucy mix according to your taste. Add more if you want it soupy!
Pansit Na May Sabaw Recipe
Pansit Na May Sabaw Ingredients
- 1.5 liters water
- 1 whole Chicken Breast
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 large onion sliced
- 400 Grams Chinese Egg Noodles
- 40 Grams Mama Sitas Chopsuey/Pancit Canton Mix
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup juice from shrimp or prawn heads
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 1 medium-sized Garlic chopped
- 1 medium-sized chayote cored and sliced into large strips
- 1 medium-sized carrot julienned
- 200 Grams medium-sized shrimps unshelled and keep the heads
- 1 medium sized cabbage chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- Cook the noodles according to product instructions. Set aside.
- Make the chicken broth: In a pot, boil the water. Add the chicken, peppercorns, soy sauce, sliced onions. Boil chicken until cooked. Set aside broth. Shred the cooked chicken breast. Set aside.
- Make the chop suey mix: Dilute the Pancit canton mix in 1 cup of water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Grind the shrimp heads and dilute in water, strain out the shells.
- In a wok over medium heat, sauté garlic and onions.
- Add carrots and chayote.
- Add the shrimps and shredded chicken.
- Add shrimp head extract and chopseuy mix.
- Add cabbage.
- Add 3-4 cups of chicken broth.
- Add cooked noodles.
- Add parsley. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer until vegetables are cooked and broth thickens. Serve while hot.