This frozen treat features the tasty union between sweet, creamy papaya and zesty calamansi. Serve it as a palate cleanser or a dessert to cap your Pinoy meal.
Papaya-Calamansi Sorbet Recipe
Papaya-Calamansi Sorbet Ingredients
- 8 cups papaya
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup coconut milk (gata)
- 2 tablespoons Calamansi Juice
- 1 teaspoon calamansi zest
- calamansi for garnish (optional)
- Arrange diced papaya in 1 layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze overnight.
- Combine 1/2 cup water and sugar in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is syrupy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Place frozen papaya in the bowl of a food processor. Add syrup, coconut milk, calamansi juice and zest, and salt. Process until smooth. Transfer to a freezer-friendly container and freeze until ready to serve.
- Using a metal spoon, scrape papaya sorbet and transfer to dessert bowls. Garnish with calamansi slices, if desired. Serve immediately.