Confectioners’ sugar tends to lump together so Make sure you sift it before measuring. When cooled, melt bittersweet chocolate and dip both ends in melted chocolate. A pastry recipe from Ernie Babaran of ISCAHM.
- 1 1/2 Cup Butter unsalted
- 1 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar sifted
- 2 Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups cake flour sifted
- 250 Grams Bittersweet chocolate
- Grease a baking sheet and line with wax paper.
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF.
- Prepare a piping bag fitted with no. 4 star tip.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light. Add eggs and vanilla, scraping down the mixture on the side. Add the sifted cake flour.
- Beat just to incorporate. Put the mixture in a piping bag and pipe on tray, approximately 2 1/2 inches long each.
- Bake until golden brown and cool. When cooled, melt bittersweet chocolate and dip both ends in melted chocolate. Tool tip: No pastry bag? You can make one by cutting a square sheet of greaseproof paper. Fold diagonally in half to form a triangle, then roll into a cone. Secure with stapler or paper clip. You can also use a resealable plastic bag—just snip one corner of the bag. Star tips are available in baking supply stores.