Chase your worries away with a slice of this scrumptious treat.
Peach Strawberry Strudel Cream Pie Recipe
Peach Strawberry Strudel Cream Pie Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup water cold
- 1 can peach
- 1 Cup strawberries
- 2 Egg
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Table Spoon lemon juice
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Make the pie dough: In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix the egg and water. Pour into flour all at once and blend with a fork until the dough forms a ball. Wrap with plastic and chill in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, unroll into a pie plate and bake blind at 170°C for 10 minutes. To blind bake is to bake the pie before it’s filled.
- Make the strudel: In a separate bowl, mix all the ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Make the filling: Place fruit in pie shell. Beat eggs slightly in a bowl and add the lemon juice. Blend in the sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in the cream and vanilla and blend well. Pour over the fruit.
- Top the pie filling with the strudel and bake at 190°C for 30 to 40 minutes or until the center shakes slightly when moved. Cover the crust’s edges with foil to prevent it from becoming too brown. Serve warm. For a firmer pie, chill it first before serving.