This pasta dish features some of the best flavors of Asian cooking.
WATCH: Top Tips for Cooking Pasta Posted in: Cooking
Peanut and Honey Pasta Recipe
This bold take on the Italian staple has Asian flavors!
Peanut and Honey Pasta Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 400 Grams spaghettini
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or peanut oil)
- 4 tablespoons peanuts use raw peanuts, skin left on
- 4 cloves Garlic sliced thinly
- 1 Cup carrots julienned and blanched
- 1 Cup red bell peppers julienned and blanched
- 1/2 Cup sliced green onions (1/2-inch pieces), divided
- 1/4 Cup peanut butter (we used Lily’s)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce use Japanese soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Calamansi Juice
- chili flakes or sliced bird’s eye chilies (siling labuyo), to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt. Cook pasta according to package directions or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add peanuts and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until peanuts are cooked through. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together all ingredients.
- Drain noodles and reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water. Toss pasta with dressing then add carrots, bell peppers, and half of the green onions. Add pasta water if pasta is too dry.
- Top with peanuts, garlic, and remaining green onions. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW