Chocolate just met its flavor match in these brownie recipe. A rich, dark chocolate brownie recipe is made even better with a creamy, nutty swirl of peanut butter all over. It’s a dessert pairing that is tried and true. If you love getting a hit of salty, warm peanut flavor in a sea of deep dark chocolate, this is the dessert you should make.
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies Recipe
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies Ingredients
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celcius) and line a 9x9-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter on the stove or in a microwave in a large bowl. While hot, add chocolate chips and whisk until chocolate is melted. Once homogenous, whisk in the sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and salt to avoid lumps in a another large bowl. Add the flour, or dry, mixture into the egg, or wet, mixture. Fold together using a spatula until homegenous.
- Pour one half of the chocolate brownie batter into the prepared pan and spread to reach the edges with an offset spatula. Drop dollops of peanut butter and the remaining chocolate batter alternatingly in the pan. Using a knife, create swirls by running the knife crosswise through the two kinds of batter until a desired pattern is formed.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist, but not wet, crumbs. Cool completely, and enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.