No Chinese feast is complete without roast duck! Serve it tossed in flavorful fried rice for a hearty meal.
Peking Duck Fried Rice Recipe
Peking Duck Fried Rice Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400 Grams Duck (use duck breast), skin left on (available at Rustan's Marketplace)
- 4 tablespoons Garlic finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons white onion finely chopped
- 4 cups jasmine rice day-old cooked rice
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 medium Cucumber peeled into ribbons
- 2 tablespoons green onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add duck, skin side down, and cook until light brown. Turn and cook the other side. Remove duck from heat. Let meat rest, then slice into small cubes.
- Add garlic, onions, and duck meat to the same pan. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, oyster sauce, brown sugar, and hoisin sauce. Toss until rice is well coated with sauce.
- Transfer rice to bowls. Top with cucumber ribbons, green onions, and sesame seeds. Serve hot.