If you love creamy tomato pastas, you’ll appreciate that this pasta elevates the usual pasta you know into one that’s still creamy, tasty, and delicious. If you’re worried about the alcohol, you’ll cook most of it out until all you’re left with is the essence of the drink.
Penne Vodka Pasta Recipe
Penne Vodka Pasta Ingredients
- 500 Grams rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Small white onion minced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 400-gram can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan over low-medium heat. Sauté onion until translucent, then add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add tomato paste and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the vodka, and add chili flakes. Let the alcohol cook off for 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to half. Add and stir in the crushed tomatoes, sugar, oregano and thyme leaves. Simmer for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add heavy cream, and season to taste again. Toss in the cooked pasta and mix well. Serve, and top with fresh basil.