Pasta dishes are always a great meal option: this pasta recipe brings together homemade chorizo and a light sauce.
Penne with Chorizo Recipe
Penne with Chorizo Ingredients
- 1 Pack penne rigate pasta around 300 grams
- 1/4 Cup olive oil divided
- 2 medium red onions peeled
- 4 cloves Garlic peeled
- 1/4 kilo pork (use ground pork)
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
- 1/4 Cup Tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup green olives pitted, sliced (you may also use black olives)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- parmesan cheese grated, to serve
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Salt water, and add pasta. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup pasta water, and keep warm. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make chorizo: In a sauté pan over medium heat, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Sweat 1 diced onion then 2chopped garlic cloves until both have turned translucent. Add ground pork in a single layer to brown before stirring until cooked through. Sprinkle in paprika, and add tomato sauce. Stir to combine, and let simmer until most of the liquid from the pork has evaporated. Stir in vinegar, and season to taste with salt and ground pepper. Bring to a simmer again, then transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining olive oil. Cook remaining onion, sliced, thenremaining garlic, sliced, until translucent, then add olives. Add cooked pasta and half the lemon juice and pasta water. Toss to coat. Season to taste with more lemon juice, salt, and ground pepper. Cook until just heated through.
- Divide pasta among 4 bowls, top with chorizo, and then Parmesan cheese before serving. Recipe originally published in the September 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.