This pesto pasta recipe is a deconstructed version of the original, and much easier to make, too.
Pesto Pasta Recipe
Pesto Pasta Ingredients
- 250 Grams linguine noodles
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1/3 Cup pine nuts toasted
- chili flakes to taste (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- 1 Cup fresh basil leaves packed, plus extra for garnish
- parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté garlic until fragrant. Add pine nuts and chili flakes, if using. Season with sea salt.
- Add linguine to the pan and toss. Add basil and toss until leaves are slightly wilted but still green.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Toss and add pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to loosen the mixture.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with basil leaves and sprinkle extra parmesan cheese on top. Serve immediately.