We all grew up loving this Pinoy-style dessert treat. Give it a modern spin by adding slightly tart and sweet pineapple! Your family will surely love this modern version of this macaroons recipe.
- 1 500-gram can pineapple (crushed), including syrup
- 1 Cup sugar
- 3 cups Buko (Coconut) dessicated
- 3 Egg whites only
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place pineapple and sugar in a sauté pan over low heat. Stir constantly until syrup has evaporated and pineapple begins to caramelize. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add desiccated coconut; combine. Add egg whites and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on a lightly greased baking sheet, leaving 1-inch spaces between. Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 13 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.