Serve this pineapple number with coconut ice cream to evoke lazy summer days.
Pineapple-Mint Tarte Tatin Recipe
Pineapple-Mint Tarte Tatin Ingredients
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup unsalted butter chilled and cubed, plus more for greasing
- 1 medium Egg
- 1 teaspoon water cold
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup mint leaves
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium pineapple sliced into 1-inch-thick rounds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate or cake pan well with butter.
- Combine flour, salt, and butter in a large bowl. Using 2 knives or a pastry cutter, cut in butter until mixture resembles wet sand. Add egg and water; mix until dough comes together. Form into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Roll out dough on a clean, floured work surface until 1/2 inch thick and 10 inches in diameter. Transfer to a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Make the mint syrup: Combine water, sugar, and mint in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let flavor infuse for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Strain syrup.
- Make the pineapple topping: Combine sugar and half the mint syrup in a shallow pan over medium heat. Cook, without stirring, until sugar turns light caramel in color. Add butter and salt; mix well. Add pineapple rounds to pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Pour half of the caramel into the prepared pie plate or cake pan. Arrange pineapple slices at the bottom. Cover with prepared crust, tucking the edges under. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. 6 Cool for 20 minutes before turning over. Drizzle with remaining mint syrup and brush with remaining caramel syrup before serving. Tip: Don’t flip the tart when it’s piping hot! Let it cool for easier, safer handling.