Next to adobo, bistek is one of the most common baons for kids and adults because it keeps well for hours.
Pinoy Bistek Recipe
Pinoy Bistek Ingredients
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic powder
- 1/4 Cup Calamansi Juice
- 1/2 kilo Beef (use lean beef), sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
- 3/4 Cup water
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Oil for frying
- 1 large onion cut into large rings
- Sprinkle meat with garlic powder. Combine calamansi juice and fish sauce. Pour over meat and marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. Shake off excess marinade from meat and pan-fry in batches. Cook meat for a few minutes on both sides.
- Return all of the meat into the pan. Add water to the leftover marinade and pour onto the meat. Cover. Simmer for half an hour or until meat is tender.
- Stir in soy sauce. Add onions and cook for another couple of minutes. Squeeze the juice of one or two calamansi before removing from heat.