Whether it’s Christmas or not, a macaroni salad is always a welcome dish on a party table. There are many ways to make it and many variations on the recipe but these are universal truths: Pinoys have a sweet tooth and they love a mix of tastes. This macaroni salad surprises with its sweetness and savory combo, courtesy of the sweet pineapple and kaong, and cubes of cheese stirred in.
Pinoy Fiesta Macaroni Salad Recipe
Pinoy Fiesta Macaroni Salad Ingredients
- 1 500-gram pack elbow macaroni
- 1 250-gram pack All-purpose cream
- 1 1/2 220-gram packs mayonnaise
- 1 300-gram can condensed milk
- 1/2 Cup Cheese cubed
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1 Cup kaong drained
- 1 Cup nata de coco (jelly made from coconut water) drained
- 1 432-gram can fruit cocktail drained
- Boil macaroni as per package directions. Drain.
- While still hot, add mayonnaise, condensed milk, and cream. Mix well.
- Mix in cheese, raisins, kaong, nata de coco, and fruit cocktail. Cool until it reaches room temperature. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.