With the holiday season almost upon us, expect invites to potluck parties to start trickling in. While the classic carbonara is a no-fail dish for such occasions, you can take it up a notch by adapting it Pinoy-style.
Achieve the essential flavor elements with readily available ingredients: Bacon gives both taste and texture, while Knorr Pork Cube brings savory meatiness to the cheesy cream sauce.
Pinoy-Style Carbonara Recipe
Pinoy-Style Carbonara Ingredients
- 8 strips bacon cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Knorr pork cube
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose cream
- 1/2 Cup quick melting cheese
- 400 Grams cooked spaghetti or fettuccine noodles
- Cook the bacon in a pan until crispy and set aside.
- From the same pan add the butter and Knorr Pork Cube.
- Add the all purpose cream and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Mix well.
- Add the grated quick melting cheese. Stir until thick. Turn off the heat and add the cooked pasta.
- Arrange the pasta in a plate then top with crispy bacon.