Nothing beats homemade! This basic pizza crust recipe is beginner-friendly. Give this one a go! No rolling pin? Here’s a hack: roll out your homemade pizza dough with an old wine bottle.
Basic Pizza Crust Recipe
Basic Pizza Crust Ingredients
- 2 3/4 cups bread flour plus extra, to dust
- 3 teaspoons Instant yeast
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons Salt fine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Cup water at room temperature
- Stir together flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl, making sure not to let the yeast come into contact with the salt before mixing (salt kills the yeast and reduces its efficacy).
- Add olive oil. Pour in water slowly, stirring mixture gently to form a soft dough.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead for about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and let it rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes to 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Punch down dough then leave to rest for a few more minutes until risen slightly.
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface.Divide into 2 to 3 equal portions. Let dough rest for 10 to 15 minutes before using.
- Preheat oven to 500°F or to the hottest temperature of your oven.
- On a lightly floured work surface, stretch or roll out 1 portion dough using your hands or a rolling pin until ¼ inch thick. Place rolleddough on a lightly floured baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly brown on the edges. Let cool slightly.
- Top baked crust withdesired sauce, cheese, and toppings. Bake in the preheated oven for 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling, and toppings are heated through. Serve immediately.