Poqui poqui is a traditional Ilocano vegetable dish that is essentially made of roasted eggplant, tomatoes, and eggs. Though this recipe only requires basic ingredients and a simple cooking process, don’t be deceived! With different flavors and textures, this dish is sure to be the star from breakfast to dinner. This Filipino dish is a tasty meatless recipe that you definitely have to try!
Poqui Poqui Recipe
Poqui Poqui Ingredients
- 4 pieces eggplant
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 pieces onion roughly chopped
- 3 pieces tomatoes roughly chopped
- 4 pieces Egg lighty beaten
- Salt to taste
- Grill the eggplants, then peel off the charred skin. Chop the eggplants.
- Preheat the pan with oil, then saute the garlic, onion and tomatoes.
- Add the eggplants and saute and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beaten egg mixture and mix all the ingredients. Transfer to a platter and serve.