This is a twist on your favorite pork and beans dish! Add spice for extra heat and flavor, then pair them with lettuce for an easy health boost.
Pork and Bean Lettuce Cups Recipe
This is a twist on your favorite pork and beans dish!
Pork and Bean Lettuce Cups Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 medium red onion peeled, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, chopped
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 1 400-gram can kidney beans drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes diced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon capers drained, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 small head Lettuce leaves separated
- 1/2 Small singkamas peeled, cut into strips
- 1/2 Small carrot peeled, cut into strips
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add and sauté onion until translucent before adding garlic. Cook until fragrant. Add pork, spreading meat over surface of pan, and sear before crumbling meat.
- Add kidney beans, tomatoes, curry powder, and capers. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Cook until almost dry. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Mix sriracha and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Arrange lettuce leaves on a plate. Top with ground pork mixture, singkamas, and carrots, and drizzle with sriracha mayo. Serve immediately. Recipe originally published in the July 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW