This pork recipe makes for the perfect weeknight meal! Plan your menu around meat cuts that cook quickly. Want them to cook even faster? Slice your proteins into bite-sized pieces.
Honey-Ginger Pork and Chorizo Rice Recipe
Honey-Ginger Pork and Chorizo Rice Ingredients
- 250 Grams pork (use kasim), sliced into strips
- Salt tot aste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup cornstarch seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small knob ginger sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 Chinese chorizo (chorizo Macau) sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1/4 Cup white onion minced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 cups rice day-oil
- 2 large Egg beaten lightly
- parsley sprigs chopped, to garnish
- Make the honey-ginger pork: Season pork with salt and pepper. Dredge in seasoned cornstarch.
- Heat canola oil in a pan over high heat. Fry pork until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- In the same pan, sauté ginger with sesame oil for 30 seconds. Add honey and cooked pork; mix well. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Make the chorizo fried rice: Render fat from chorizo in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic and rice; mix well. Add eggs and mix to combine thoroughly. Season with salt.
- Place rice in bowls, top with pork, and garnish with parsley, if desired.