Lumpia or spring rolls can come with many different fillings. From the most basic filling of seasoned ground pork or the lumpiang shanghai to the more complicated fillings that require a unique combination of ingredients to create fantastic flavors, lumpia can really be filled with anything you want.
For this recipe, a finely chopped mix of pork, shrimps, and mushrooms are the savory chunks that make this fried spring roll juicy, meaty, and irresistibly tasty.
Pork and Shrimp Lumpia Recipe
Pork and Shrimp Lumpia Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1/2 kilogram ground pork
- 1/2 kilogram Shrimp chopped
- 50 Grams dried mushrooms dehydrated
- 1 1 1/2-inch piece ginger grated
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Calamansi Juice from 3 pieces of calamansi
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 to 16 large Lumpia wrappers
- vegetable oil for frying
- Sweet chili sauce to serve
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onions until translucent. Set aside to cool.
- Combine pork, shrimp, and mushrooms in a bowl. Mix well. Add ginger and onions.
- Add soy sauce, pepper, salt, sesame oil, calamansi juice, and flour. Mix well.
- Place about 1/4 to 1/3 cup filling at the center of a lumpia wrapper. Roll and seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Deep-fry lumpia until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with sweet-chili sauce.