Your fave dumplings are easy to make! You can also make the chicken-and-shrimp mixture ahead and freeze it, take them out when you’re ready to make a new batch.
Chicken and Shrimp Siomai Recipe
Chicken and Shrimp Siomai Ingredients
- coconut oil for greasing
- 800 Grams Chicken (use ground chicken), available at Healthy Options
- 1/4 Cup Shrimp finely chopped, uncooked, and peeled
- 3 tablespoons water chestnuts finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons carrot finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion finely chopped
- Egg whites only
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil plus 1 tablespoon for brushing
- rice paper softened with water and cut into 2 1/2-inch squares
- 1 large carrot sliced into thin rounds
- low-sodium soy sauce to serve
- Combine all ingredients except for rice paper and carrot rounds in a bowl.
- Place 1 tablespoon meat mixture on a piece of rice paper, fold sides towards the center, and leave the top open. Brush with sesame oil. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place each siomai on a carrot round. Steam siomai for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with light or low-sodium soy sauce.