Using fresh pineapple makes this pork barbecue more tender, and adds a unique flavor to the meat. Serve it with skewered pineaaples and veggies on the side, too.
Pineapple Pork Barbecue Recipe
Pineapple Pork Barbecue Ingredients
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 kilo pork pigue sliced thinly
- 1 Cup fresh pineapple chopped
- 1/3 Cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 zucchini cut into half moons
- 2 Small Onions peeled
- 3/4 Cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoons Salt or to taste
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Soak bamboo sticks in water overnight. Wrap tips with foil to prevent burning, if desired. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, season pork with salt, pepper, and garlic; marinate overnight.
- Heat up the grill. Stir pineapple into pork mixture, and begin to skewer as pork marinates in pineapple. Skewer pineapples, zucchini, and onions. Once grill is hot, grill sticks until pieces are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: Place leftover marinade and remaining ingredients in a saucepan, and bring to a simmer until thickened, stirring. If desired, in last 3 mins. of grilling, brush pork with prepared sauce, and finish grilling. Serve with pineapple BBQ sauce, and grilled vegetables and pineapples on the side. Recipe originally published in the June 2014 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.