Bulalo is normally made with beef but swapping it and making a pork version is just as delicious! For this version, the affordable meat cut pork pata is used. The resulting soup is not only delicious, but it also becomes slightly thickened from the gelatin in the pork. Yum!
Pork Bulalo Recipe
Use an affordable pork cut!
Pork Bulalo Ingredients
- 6-7 cups water divided
- 500 Grams pork pata sliced
- 1 medium red onion quartered
- 5 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1 piece corn cut into 4 segments
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- Salt to taste
- Boil 3 cups water in a pot. Add the pork pata. Skim off the scum on the surface, simmering for about 20 minutes.
- Discard the liquid and clean the cooking pot. Clean the pata pieces under running water to remove any scum stuck to the meat.
- Return the pata to the clean pot and add the onion, garlic and whole black peppercorns. Cover with the remaining water. Boil for 50 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Add the corn segments and continue boiling until the corn is cooked around 20 minutes. Add patis and salt to taste.
- Turn off the heat. Add the baby bok choy. Let the heat from the broth wilt the bok choy. Transfer the meat and vegetables into a serving bowl. Strain the broth into the bowl to ensure a clean and clear broth. Serve with rice and patis and calamansi on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Bulalo Recipe Posted in: Recipe
Bulalo Lugaw Recipe Posted in: Recipe
Sizzling Bulalo with Creamy Mushroom Sauce Posted in: Recipe
CONTINUE READING BELOW