Elevate the everyday pork chop lunch with this flavorful yet quick marinade. This pork chop dish can be packed up for baon or cooked for a quick weekend lunch.
Lemongrass Pork Chop Recipe
Lemongrass Pork Chop Ingredients
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled
- 1 Small onion peeled
- 2 stalks Lemongrass white part only
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons patis
- 1 teaspoon Calamansi Juice
- 4 pork chops skins removed
- 1 400-gram can garbanzos rinsed, drained
- 1/2 Cucumber seeds removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Oil for frying
- Make the marinade: combine garlic, onion, lemongrass, pepper, salt, sugar, patis, and calamansi juice in a bowl. Place the pork chops inside and let sit for at least 4 hours.
- Pat the pork chops dry and pan-fry until cooked through, about 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Make the salad: mix the grbanzos, cucumber, cinegar, sugar, and cumin together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Recipe originally published in the June 2014 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.