This pork chops with onions recipe is ready in only 30 minutes! The sweet onion sauce complements the savory pork chops, so take your time making it.
Pork Chops with Onions Recipe
Pork Chops with Onions Ingredients
- 4 to 5 pieces pork (use pork chops), about 500 grams
- Salt to season
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Cup white onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 piece beef bouillon cube
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the pork chops for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Set pork chops aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté onions, garlic, and thyme until onions are soft and caramelized, about 6 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced to two-thirds. Add beef bouillon cube and mix well.
- Return pork chops to the pan. Simmer for 5 more minutes. Taste to adjust seasoning. Transfer to a platter and serve with spaghetti with cream sauce.