This pork kaldereta recipe is a cross between a kaldereta and kare-kare! Creamy and thick, this kaldereta is made with a twist! It is cooked with pork instead of beef and gets a boost in creaminess from both the liver spread and the peanut butter.
Pork Kaldereta With Liver Spread and Peanut Butter Recipe
Pork Kaldereta With Liver Spread and Peanut Butter Ingredients
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic chopped
- 6 Small tomatoes diced
- 1 kilogram pork ribs cut into pieces
- 3-5 cups pork stock more as needed
- 3 talbespoons tomato paste
- 2 medium carrots cubed
- 2 medium Potatoes cubed
- 1 tablespoon liver spread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 meduim red bell pepper
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Oil for sauteing
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute garlic and onions in oil until browned. Add diced tomatoes.
- Add pork ribs and brown on all sides.
- Add pork stock and bring to a boil. Simmer until pork ribs are tender and almost falling off the bone (around 2 hours). Add more stock if needed.
- Reduce liquid to almost half. Add tomato paste, potatoes and carrots. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add liver spread, peanut butter, and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender. Serve while hot.