Menudo is a popular Filipino pork dish. It is usually served during gatherings and fiestas. There are a lot of variations to the menudo recipe—some add hotdog slices, raisins, chunks of pickles, and even additional seasonings that amp up the umami flavors of this pork tomato stew. Every home, town, or province might have their own version!
Make sure not to overcook the veggies such as the potatoes and carrots. This step is easy to overlook and you might end up with too soft or mushy veggies. Don’t forget to serve this fiesta dish with lots of steamed rice! You’ll need it to soak up all the flavorful sauce that will accompany each spoonful.
Do you need to see how easy it is to make this pork menudo recipe?
Watch this video to see to make this classic Pinoy recipe:
- READ THESE: MORE MENUDO RECIPES
- WATCH: This Is How You Cook Chicken Menudo
- Beef Menudo With Hot Dogs Recipe
Pork Menudo Recipe
Pork Menudo Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 kilo pork
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 Cup Tomato sauce
- 1 Cup water
- 2 to 3 pieces dried bay leaf
- 1/4 kilo pig liver
- 1 Cup Potatoes diced
- 1 Cup carrot diced
- Salt to taste
- In a saucepan, saute garlic and onion in oil.
- Add the pork. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in soy sauce, sugar, tomato sauce and water and then add the bay leaves. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Add the the liver and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, then season with salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 15 minutes. READ THESE: MORE MENUDO RECIPES WATCH: This Is How You Cook Chicken Menudo Beef Menudo With Hot Dogs Recipe