This pork sausage recipe has surprising Thai flavors. Serve these homemade pork sausages with a fresh cucumber salad!
Pork Sausage Recipe
Pork Sausage Ingredients
- 8 stalks lemongrass (tanglad) pounded and chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes Optional
- 8 cloves Garlic peeled and chopped finely
- 4 shallots (sibuyas Tagalog) peeled and chopped finely
- 6 tablespoons cilantro (wansoy) chopped
- 500 Grams pork use ground pork
- 4 teaspoons Salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Calamansi Juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 kaffir lime leaf sliced finely
- vegetable oil for frying
- cucumber salad to serve
- Using a mortar and pestle (or food processor), pound (or pulse) lemongrass, chili flakes (if using), garlic, shallots, and cilantro into a paste.
- Combine pork and remaining ingredients in a bowl; mix well. Add paste and mix thoroughly. Scoop mixture into 1/3 to 1/2 cup portions and form into patties.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry patties in batches over low heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Serve hot with steamed rice and cucumber salad, if desired.