Have you tried using green mangoes to make your sinigang sour? This pork sinigang recipe does just that. Give it a try!
Pork Sinigang sa Mangga Recipe
Pork Sinigang sa Mangga Ingredients
- 1 slab lechon kawali cut (around 1/2 kg), tenderized, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 red onion peeled, quartered
- 1 large green mango thinly sliced
- 4 cups pork stock from lechon kawali
- 2 ripe tomatoes cored, cut into wedges
- 1 siling pangsigang
- 5 pieces okra halved diagonally
- 1 bunch kangkong leaves and tender stems, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon patis or to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat enough oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pot for deep frying. Add cubed pork into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove browned pork and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add and cook onion until softened. Add green mango slices and cook, stirring, until softened. Mixture will begin to mash together. Pour in stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring. Add tomatoes, sili, okra, and kangkong stems, and cook until softened.
- Taste, and season with patis. Add lechon kawali cubes, and cook until heated through. Stir in kangkong leaves before serving. Recipe originally published in the March 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.