Pork tenderloin is a good meat cut choice for weekend meals because it is easy to prep and cook. This rice salad is a symphony of flavors and textures! The nutty, chewy red rice is a good complement to the mix of bold spices.
Pork Tenderloin with Rice Recipe
Make this pork and rice dish for a tasty dinner!
Pork Tenderloin with Rice Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 450 Grams whole pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups red rice uncooked
- 1/2 Cup black beans dried
- 1 cob corn husked
- 1 tablespoon Butter softened
- 1 medium green bell pepper cored and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sal to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup parsley chopped
- Make the blackened pork tenderloin: Preheat oven to 450ºF. Combine all seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pat tenderloin dry with paper towels. Rub seasoning mix all over pork.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat until almost smoking. Sear tenderloin on all sides until browned.
- Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 15 to 20 minutes in the oven. Rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Set aside.
- Make the red rice and black bean salad: Cook red rice in 2½ cups water; set aside.
- In another pot, cook black beans in 2 cups water for 40 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Brush corn with butter. Grill for about 6 to 8 minutes or until done and slightly charred. Slice off kernels from the cob.
- Toss together red rice, black beans, corn, bell peppers, cumin, and chili powder. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil; toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle parsley and toss to mix well.
- rice salad with sliced tenderloin. Serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW