This potato chowder recipe uses potato chips for flavor and texture. It’s a surprising addition that gives extra flavor to the dish!
Potato Chowder Recipe
This chowder is creamy but with a surprising crunchy topping!
Potato Chowder Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 medium white onion peeled, chopped
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 Cup potato chips crushed
- 1 medium potato peeled, cubed
- 1/2 Cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup fresh milk
- 1 Cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add then sauté onion, stirring, until translucent. Add bouillon cube, and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in potato chips, breadcrumbs, and potato cubes. Pour in milk and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring. Cook until potato is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season with cinnamon, salt, and ground white pepper to taste. Recipe originally published in the December 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW