Banish the morning blues with a quick and nutritious breakfast! This tasty potato omelet takes less than 15 minutes to make.
Potato Omelet Recipe
Potato Omelet Ingredients
- 1 medium potato washed and scrubbed
- 6 eggs
- Salt to season
- Pepper to season
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 medium onion sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley Optional
- chopped spring onions for garnish (optional)
- Cherry tomatoes grilled (to serve, optional)
- Boil potato until partially cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool. Peel, cut into quarters, then slice thinly. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a frying pan. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Add parsley, if using.
- Add sautéed potatoes to the beaten eggs. In a nonstick frying pan, heat remaining oil and add egg mixture. Cook over medium-low heat until set. Fold egg over and transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with chopped spring onions, if using. Serve warm with tomatoes on the side, if desired.