Looking for meatless dinner idea? Turn to this prawn katsu dish! Remember to leave the tails on for a more striking presentation.
Prawn Katsu Recipe
Prawn Katsu Ingredients
- 36 Tiger Prawns (Sugpo) peeled and deveined with tails left on
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
- vegetable oil to fry
- Japanese rice to serve
- Wasabi Mayonnaise to serve
- Season prawns with salt and pepper. Dredge prawns in breadcrumbs.
- Fill a large frying pan with vegetable oil until ½ inch deep; heat to 350ºF. Fry coated prawns until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack.
- Serve with steamed rice and wasabi mayonnaise or tonkatsu sauce.