In Bikol, ginataang santol is a common dish made with fried fish or dried dilis. Here’s a fancier version using prawns.
Prawns with Coconut Milk and Santol Recipe
Here's a fancier take on ginataang santol.
Prawns with Coconut Milk and Santol Ingredients
- 2 pieces santol peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 1-inch ginger peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 white onion chopped
- 500 Grams Tiger Prawns (Sugpo)
- 1 Cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 pieces finger chili (siling pangsigang)
- Chop santol meat finely. Set aside.
- In a pan, sauté ginger in oil until lightly browned. Add garlic and onion and cook for a few minutes.
- Add prawns and stir until they turn red-orange in color.
- Add santol meat. Pour in coconut cream and simmer for 10 minutes without stirring. Season with salt and pepper. Add peppers and cook for a few more minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW