Load up on just-cooked rice when eating this prawns with salted egg sauce dish!
Prawns with Salted Egg Sauce Recipe
Prawns with Salted Egg Sauce Ingredients
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 12 pieces Tiger Prawns (Sugpo) trimmed and patted dry
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Small siling labuyo (bird's eye chili) chopped
- 4 pieces Salted Egg (itlog na maalat) (use yolks), mashed
- 2 yolks from Egg (boiled), mashed
- 1/2 Cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pan. Deep-fry prawns until half done. Drain on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a wok over low heat until melted. Add chilies; saute for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add mashed egg yolks.
- Add evaporated milk and sugar. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Add prawns and toss constantly. Let cook until sauce dries up. Transfer to a platter and serve hot.