Here’s an easy snack you can make at home.
Try making this simple snack!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/8 teaspoons Salt
- 1 Cup bread flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons Baking soda
- coarse salt (for topping)
- 4 tablespoons salted butter melted
- Add warm water to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the surface. Let the yeast activate then stir in the sugar and salt.
- Add the flours slowly while stirring until it forms a soft dough. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place back in the bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let rise for 30 minutes in a warm, draft-free location.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the water bath by mixing the warm water and baking soda. Stir well.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F or 230 degrees C. Grease a baking sheet.
- When the dough has risen, pinch off pieces of the dough and roll out into a long, thin (1/2-inch thick or less) ripe. Shape into a pretzel shape, or other desired shape. Dip the pretzel in the warm baking soda solution and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the pretzels from the oven and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle the hot pretzels with the coarse salt. READ THESE: MORE PRETZEL RECIPES Soft Pretzels Recipe Peanut Butter and Pretzel Cookies Recipe
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW