Homemade pizza just got easier: use ready-made puff pastry as your crust to cut down on prep time! Puff pastry can be found in all major grocery stores, just remember to check the aisle for frozen goods.
Puff Pastry Pizza Recipe
Puff Pastry Pizza Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large white onion halved and sliced thinly
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- black pepper to taste
- 1 10 by 10-inch pre-rolled sheet puff pastry
- 1 Egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water (egg wash)
- 12 strips anchovies
- 12 black olives sliced
- arugula leaves Optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and a pinch of salt; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and thyme. Continue cooking and stirring until wilted and caramelized, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Cut puff pastry sheet in half and place on prepared baking sheet. Lightly score a ¼-inch border around each sheet using a paring knife.
- Top puff pastry sheets with caramelized onions, leaving the borders clean. Brush borders and sides with egg wash. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
- Transfer tarts to a wire rack. Top with anchovy strips, olive slices, and arugula leaves, if using. Serve hot.