Puttanesca is an Italian dish made with a garlicky tomato sauce wth capers and olives tossed into the mix. This puttanesca recipe is fit to serve presidential royalty!
Puttanesca del Palacio Recipe
Puttanesca del Palacio Ingredients
- 3 big white onion chopped
- 1 Cup green olives sliced
- 1 Cup black olives sliced
- 15 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 cans anchovies oil included, around 50 grams per can
- 4 tablespoons anchovy sauce (bagoong isda)
- 1 Pack tomato paste (150 gram pack)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube diluted in 2 cups water and reduced to 1 cup
- 3 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- 2 packs Tomato sauce (1 kilo pack each)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 pieces sweet basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 50 Grams angel hair spaghetti cooked according to package directions
- In a saucepan, sauté onions until translucent. Add the olives, garlic, anchovies, and bagoong Balayan.
- Add the tomato paste on the side of the pan and let it caramelize.
- Add the chicken broth and capers. Pour in the brandy then flambé.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Take off the fire, add the fresh herbs, and season to taste.
- Toss sauce with cooked angel hair pasta. Serve hot.