This traditional Italian favorite is a cinch to make! Want to make this Puttanesca pasta dish healthier? Serve it with whole-wheat noodles instead of the regular ones. Enjoy this dish without the guilt!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves Garlic chopped finely
- 3 pieces anchovy fillets chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon capers rinsed
- 1 can canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup black olives sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano finely chopped
- 400 Grams penne pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, anchovies, and capers. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, olives, and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened, mixing occasionally.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to combine. Portion among plates and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.