Don’t limit your salads to just vegetables; make salads with healthy carbohydrates like whole-wheat pasta, couscous, or quinoa, and add good protein options like fish and meat, too. Don’t forget to try different dressings!
Quinoa Salad Recipe
Quinoa Salad Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 medium tomatoes cubed
- 1 medium mango cubed
- 1/4 Cup cashew nuts chopped and toasted
- 1/4 Cup golden raisins
- 2/3 Cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- black pepper
- 1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Cucumber seeded and cubed
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley sprigs chopped
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onions until fragrant. Add stock and a pinch of salt. Boil then stir in quinoa. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and stock is fully absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make the curry vinaigrette: Whiz lemon juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper in a blender on low speed. While blender is running, pour olive oil in a slow stream until mixture thickens.
- Pour vinaigrette over quinoa while still hot. Mix well until fully absorbed. Set aside and cool completely.
- Make the cucumber raita: Mix together all ingredients.
- Fill ¹?³ of a jar with quinoa. Layer tomatoes, cucumber raita, mangoes, cashews, and raisins. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make another jar. Chill. Serve cold.