If you love cathedral windows, then this rainbow jelly mousse dessert recipe is the easy version that doesn’t require you to wait very long. In fact, it’s more like a coffee jelly mousse recipe. This rainbow jelly version is a fruity gulaman topped with a creamy whipped cream with a slight tang.
You will taste the tang when you get a spoonful and you’ll taste the surprise ingredient: yogurt. You’ll love how it’s slight tanginess brightens the fruity flavors of the gulaman chunks.
If you always worry about whether you can use all-purpose cream instead of whipping cream, you certainly can for this recipe. Just note that the whipping cream gives the mousse a lighter texture that we think will make you love it even more.
Rainbow Jelly Mousse Recipe
Rainbow Jelly Mousse Ingredients
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gulaman powder strawberry flavored
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gulaman powder mango flavored
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gulaman powder grape flavored
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gulaman powder orange flavored
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gulaman powder buko pandan flavored
- 2 1/2 cups water divided
- 5 teaspoons sugar or to taste, divided
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream Chilled
- 1/2 Cup Powdered SUgar sifted
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt
- rainbow sprinkles for garnish
- In a small saucepan, mix strawberry gulman powder, 1/2 cup water, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring. As soon as it comes to boil, let simmer for 10 seconds then remove from or turn off the heat. Immediately pour into a plastic container. Set aside to cool completely. Repeat process with remaining gulaman until you have differently flavored gulaman.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, pour in cold whipping cream. Use an electric mixer with the whisk attachment to whisk the cold cream to soft peaks. Gently sprinkle in powdered sugar then whisk again until stiff peaks. (Alternatively, use a jar to whip cream.) Add yogurt and using a rubber or silicone spatula, gently fold in the yogurt into the sweetened whipped cream. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- When ready to assemble, using a small knife, slice the different flavored gulaman into small chunks or slivers. In a large bowl, combine the five flavors and gently toss to mix the flavors. Scoop the gulaman chunks by the tablespoon into glasses. Scoop the prepared whipped cream on top. Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.