Ratatouille is a roasted vegetables dish made with tomatoes, eggplant, and zucchini. Upgrade this veggie-packed dish with sausage and a little cheese to satisfy the meat lovers.
Ratatouille is a roasted vegetables dish.
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1/2 Cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 leaves basil chopped
- 1 large eggplant sliced
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 5 tomatoes sliced
- 1 Hungarian sausage sliced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese grated
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion, then garlic, until both are softened. Add diced tomatoes; stir to mix. Sprinkle salt, ground black pepper, and sugar. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, and transfer to the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place zucchini, eggplant, tomato, and sausage slices upright in the dish. Repeat layers until baking dish is full. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, and top with mozzarella mixture.
- Place in oven, and bake 20 minutes, or until vegetables are softened. Recipe originally published in the April 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW