Here’s a pesto sauce you can also use as dip on appetizers with soft cheese. Or, you can also pair this up with baked fish like sole or dory. Try it!
Red and Green Pesto Recipe
Red and Green Pesto Ingredients
- 1 Cup sun-dried tomatoes packed
- 1 Cup hot water
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves packed
- 5 cloves Garlic peeled
- 1 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Soak the tomatoes in hot water. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the basil leaves, garlic cloves, olive oil, cheese, salt, and pepper. Purée the mixture, stopping every now and then to stir the mixture so all the ingredients are incorporated properly.
- Drain the tomatoes and add into the blender to purée again until well incorporated. Taste the mixture, and feel free to adjust the seasoning with more salt, garlic or pepper, or add a bit of water if you feel that the sauce is too thick.
- Serve with bread or pasta, or pack in airtight bottles and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.