This cheesecake is a dessert combination of our dreams: one layer of soft red velvet cheesecake, and another layer of creamy, luscious plain cheesecake. It’s a treat worth making for all your loved ones!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe
This dessert is a combination of creamy plain cheesecake and chocolate red velvet cheesecake.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Ingredients
- 1 Cup cream cheese softened
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring liquid
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 3/4 Cup cream cheese
- 3/4 Cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- white chocolate grated, to top
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease the bottom of a 7-inch round springform pan with shortening and line with parchment paper.
- Make the first layer: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, and red food coloring. Beat until sugar has dissolved. Add yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add whole egg and mix well. Add cream and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Place pan in a large, deep baking pan and pour in boiling water until halfway up the sides of the round pan. Place pans in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove pans from oven and let round pan cool on a wire rack. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Make the second layer: Dissolve gelatin in ¼ cup cold water; bloom for 2 minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until softened.
- Heat gelatin in the microwave or in a small saucepan until melted. Cool for 2 minutes.
- Add gelatin, yogurt, sugar, and lemon juice to cream cheese; mix until well incorporated.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the first layer in the round pan. Cover pan with foil and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before unmolding.
- Top with grated white chocolate. Serve chilled.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW