If you’re looking for a light dessert, this red velvet pianono is perfect for you! It’s a spongey cake that you can even get creative with by making different kinds of filling.
- READ THESE: MORE DESSERT RECIPES
- Easy One-Bowl Dessert Recipes That You Need to Try
- Pianono Recipe
Red Velvet Pianono Recipe
Upgrade your merienda with this special flavor.
Red Velvet Pianono Ingredients
- 6 large eggs separated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 tablespoons cake flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites in a large bowl. Once frothy, add cream of tartar. Once foamy, gradually add 6 tablespoons of white sugar. Beat until stiff peaks.
- In the same bowl, add egg yolks. Beat on medium speed. Combine the flour and cocoa powder in another bowl. Mix and sift it directly into the same bowl of meringue at low speed. Add a teaspoon of red food coloring then beat well. Transfer the mixture to a 13 x 9 1/2-inch baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C for 15 to 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, then it’s done. Let it cool completely.
- To make the filling, cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar using an electric mixer until creamy. Spread it over the cooled cake. Gently peel off the baking parchment paper while rolling the cake into a log. Slice the cake into your desired sizes and thickness. Best served with coffee. READ THESE: MORE DESSERT RECIPES Easy One-Bowl Dessert Recipes That You Need to Try Pianono Recipe
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW