This rice salad is great on its own, but for a filling meal, pair with simple pan-fried chicken or pork chops.
Rice Salad Recipe
Rice Salad Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 Cup Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tomatoes seeded, diced
- 1 100-gram pack black beans rinsed, drained
- 1/2 Cup sweet kernel corn drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded, diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper seeded, diced
- 2 cups days-old rice
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Make dressing: In a large bowl, whisk olive oil, sugar, vinegar, paprika, and salt together until it becomes a thick and emulsified mixture. Set aside.
- Mix tomatoes, black beans, corn, and bell peppers, tossing to mix well. Chill until ready to serve. When ready to serve, toss rice into the salad mixture. Drizzle dressing over salad. Serve chilled if desired. Recipe originally published in the August 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.